What would be considered the most expensive permit to obtain?

Jake

Total posts
This is more about curiosity than anything. I know some projects, especially building projects can cost a lot for the permitting process, but is there a permit out there that is deemed the most expensive ever? I looked it up, and building permits can be high, but that makes sense if you're already building a property. But is there something that exceeds the cost of traditional building permits?

I guess I am just curious about whether there are highly expensive permits out there or not. I mainly want to know of the outrageously high ones that most wouldn't be able to obtain.

Doing any construction/building is usually going to be it for most people. I did a search online, as I too am a bit curious about your question. And it seems that the most expensive permits seem to be for climbing Mount Everest of all things. There are different expedition teams that you can hire that will cost you more depending on who you hire. For example, the Furtenbach team in Tibet charges $60,900, US Alpenglow team costs $85,000, IMG’s private climb option for $118,000, and last but certainly not the least is the RMI team which will put you back $135,000.

You can read about those costs here - High Adventure Expeditions

As for others, I don't know. That's the highest priced permit I could find, but there's got to be others that are far more expensive that I missed.

I know that obtaining a permit to sell liquor is quite expensive in many places. Plus, some areas charge individual fees for each type of alcoholic beverage, which adds to the overall cost.

Doing any construction/building is usually going to be it for most people. I did a search online, as I too am a bit curious about your question. And it seems that the most expensive permits seem to be for climbing Mount Everest of all things. There are different expedition teams that you can hire that will cost you more depending on who you hire. For example, the Furtenbach team in Tibet charges $60,900, US Alpenglow team costs $85,000, IMG’s private climb option for $118,000, and last but certainly not the least is the RMI team which will put you back $135,000.

You can read about those costs here - High Adventure Expeditions

As for others, I don't know. That's the highest priced permit I could find, but there's got to be others that are far more expensive that I missed.
Nice, are those the most expensive permits you were able to find? That is pretty expensive to just climb up Everest, but it is a massive mountain and those fees probably include stuff for rescues, because I imagine a lot of people are stuck up there or have trouble getting down. Of course I think if you get stuck up there, there's not much they can do for you. Isn't Everest the mountain with a lot of missing people?

Thanks for the answer.

I know that obtaining a permit to sell liquor is quite expensive in many places. Plus, some areas charge individual fees for each type of alcoholic beverage, which adds to the overall cost.
How much does it usually cost to obtain a permit to sell liquor or any alcohol? I didn't know they charged based on the types of beverages you have, but I suppose it makes sense with how high some proofs of alcohol can get.

Thanks for the answer.

Permits related to large-scale construction projects, particularly in urban areas, tend to be among the most expensive permits. These permits often involve significant fees for land use, building codes compliance, environmental impact assessments, and other regulatory requirements. Permits for highly regulated industries such as pharmaceuticals, nuclear energy, or hazardous waste management can also be quite expensive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back