Proposed Amendment to New Hampshire's Land Use Law Sparks Immigration Enforcement Debate

Nomad

Total posts
In New Hampshire, Senate President Jeb Bradley has proposed an amendment to the existing "current use" law so that the state can in force new rules to control illegal immigration. Once thew changes are made to the law, landowners near the NH-Canada border would be able to post "No Trespassing" signs. Likewise, local police would also be able to arrest undocumented migrants on state-level criminal trespass charges.

These changes are proposed in response to residents' reports of migrants crossing from Canada, particularly in Pittsburg, NH. There are also a lot of oppositions especially from civil liberties groups and immigration attorneys. They believe that there could be racial profiling and overreach into federal jurisdiction.

You can read more about the proposed law in this article

Last edited by a moderator:
I think as a citizen you should be allowed to put signs for no trespassing, whether it be near a border or anywhere else. I'm all for rules and regulations when it comes to immigration to the US, but I also want people to come over the legal way and become a citizen of this wonderful country. I don't know if this will help anything, but I get why they are doing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back