Hawaii gun owners frustrated over new firearm law

Jake

Total posts
Read the full story here - KITV.com

If you live in Hawaii and would like to become a new gun owner, you will have to follow a new set of rules as of January 1st. Those rules are that if you want to get a permit for a new firearm, you will first need to go through a safety course taught by a verified instructor. Many gun owners are not happy about the change, even going as far as to wait in line to obtain a permit before the Jan 1st deadline. To which many did. Some people were in line as early as 4am. Some claim it even goes against their second amendment rights. Especially since many are worried with a rise of crime in the area, they just want to be protected.

There will be a public hearing tomorrow, January 9th for those who want to air their grievances and discuss these changes. People are worried about the lack of preparedness for the new law, especially with police departments across Hawaii. What are your thoughts on this new law and how Hawaii is setting it up? Do you agree with taking a safety course to receive your permit?

Are they already gun-owners and are being forced to go through this process? I can see if they are gun owners already being forced to go through this process. But I think it's a great thing for new gun owners, especially if it's your first ever gun. I think in most US states they require some kind of safety training before you can even purchase a gun. This sort of sounds similar to that. But I don't agree with this happening for those who already own guns and have gone through training and other steps in the past.

Are they already gun-owners and are being forced to go through this process? I can see if they are gun owners already being forced to go through this process. But I think it's a great thing for new gun owners, especially if it's your first ever gun. I think in most US states they require some kind of safety training before you can even purchase a gun. This sort of sounds similar to that. But I don't agree with this happening for those who already own guns and have gone through training and other steps in the past.
It's new permitting rules if you haven't yet gotten a permit for your gun. It's why so many decided to get a gun permit before the Jan 1st deadline, as some gun owners didn't like that they had to go through a training course and or safety courses. Which I think all gun owners should, but if you're already a gun owner and have filed permits before, I don't think it should be for those who've already owned guns for years. But for new gun owners I think it's a good step into being a gun owner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back