A Judge in California has blocked a law that bans carrying firearms in most public places

Jake

Total posts
A new gun law may have to wait, as U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney decided to block the vote on a new law that would ban gun owners from carrying firearms in most public locations, or 26 designated areas, with examples like; parks, churches, banks, and even zoos even if you have a permit to conceal carry.

Judge Carney was able to grant a preliminary injunction against the law, explaining that it was against the Second Amendment, and even the Supreme court. He believes that gun rights groups will prove the new law unconstitutional, and should result in its permanent overturn. Those who have a permits to carry concealed weapons, can still access these areas, for now.

There will be an appeal from State Attorney General Rob Bonta. As well, Governor Newsom will continue to push for stricter gun measures going forward. Do you think these two sides can come to an agreement and work this out?

If you want more info on this story, follow the article here - NPR

I had a feeling the 2nd amendment would be brought up around this new law. I am for a law that prohibits carrying firearms in most public locations, especially at places like the park or at church, and especially not at a bank. I'm sure they can figure out a working solution to this where everyone is happy.

I had a feeling the 2nd amendment would be brought up around this new law. I am for a law that prohibits carrying firearms in most public locations, especially at places like the park or at church, and especially not at a bank. I'm sure they can figure out a working solution to this where everyone is happy.
The second amendment is always brought up during a discussion on guns. I am a bit split on this. Part of me is okay with people having concealed firearms on them, but only when they are in public areas that aren't schools, hospitals or any major malls. But I think if they keep it concealed, it should be fine. It becomes a problem when they show it off or take it out of a holster or something. And I hope to goodness it's a good gun owner who has the gun. And not a bad character.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back