Northeast Minnesota Deer Permit Predominately Only Bucks-Just For the 2023 Deer Hunting Season

Ravenfreak

Total posts
Due to white-tailed deer populations decreasing in the Northeast Minnesota area, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources announced a change to the 2023 deer hunting season. In previous years to help with the population decrease, fewer antlerless hunting permits were given out and now for this upcoming season none will be available. Prior to this change anyone who wanted to hunt antlerless deer during the firearm or muzzleloader season had to apply for an anterless permit through this lottery process. In addition to these changes, a few other changes, below are just a few examples:
Hunters who purchase an archery deer license may take a deer with a crossbow during the archery season. Archery hunters will be asked when registering their deer if they harvested it with a crossbow or vertical bow. All ground blinds used on public land are required to have blaze orange.
You can read more about this change in this article:
https://wtip.org/northeast-minnesot...ntly-bucks-only-for-2023-deer-hunting-season/

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources' adjustments to the 2023 deer hunting season in Northeast Minnesota, like suspending antlerless permits and allowing crossbows for archery hunters, seem practical and responsive to changing deer populations and hunting preferences. The addition of blaze orange for ground blinds enhances safety, making these changes a positive move towards balanced and safe hunting.

I am not in favor of hunting animals for sports, but I do understand the necessity of hunting, especially when certain species increase in population causing other species to move out of the territory. I think giving away fewer hunting permits last year and not giving any permits this year because of the dwindling deer population is a good move from Minnesota. Hopefully, next year, the population will increase because of the hunting ban.

I am not in favor of hunting animals for sports, but I do understand the necessity of hunting, especially when certain species increase in population causing other species to move out of the territory. I think giving away fewer hunting permits last year and not giving any permits this year because of the dwindling deer population is a good move from Minnesota. Hopefully, next year, the population will increase because of the hunting ban.

Hunting can be a hobby for some residents in some places and that is why a lot of them will push for these permits. However, I like the fact that those granting hunting permits in Northeast Minnesota are up for it by reducing the permits to ensure that wildlife population increase for a while. If they didn't, there would have been crisis by the end of this year.

Hunting can be a hobby for some residents in some places and that is why a lot of them will push for these permits. However, I like the fact that those granting hunting permits in Northeast Minnesota are up for it by reducing the permits to ensure that wildlife population increase for a while. If they didn't, there would have been crisis by the end of this year.
When the population of certain animals increases in a certain area, it can threaten the existence of other animals. Therefore, from time to time, hunting permits should be given. There is also another benefit to this. Authorities can collect some revenue and use the money for wildlife protection in the area. Limiting permits or even closing permits can also protect animals whose populatuion is depleting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back