North Carolina bars now have to comply with new health requirements

Winny

Total posts
If you're a bar owner in North Carolina, you'll have some new rules to comply with going forward. Those rules lie in the new health requirements bars have to comply with. If you happen to serve food, especially Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) food, you will now be required to obtain a permit and undergo inspections, similar to what restaurants go through already. It makes sense to do this, especially to help with public protection from foodborne illnesses. While bars that serve non-TCS food or TCS food used as a garnish, will remain exempt from these new requirements.

Though, some bar owners like Jason Ruth of the N.C. Bar Owners Association and Randy Wilson of Sharky’s Place aren't too pleased about the new requirements, as they fear it could result in having to spend more to upgrade facilities to meet these new standards. They will have until March 27th to make up their mind on these changes though.

How do you feel about this? I think it's good to have them follow the same standards as restaurants if they serve food.

You can read more about his news from MSN.

I get it, if there is food involved I get needing to file a permit. Especially if that food is made on the premise. I think if you have food delivered, that would be a different story, but making it in bar is when you really need to apply for a permit and go through the usual rigmarole.

Inspections are a part of any food establishment. If you cook or make food there, it's going to happen. Would it really cost them a lot to make the new changes? I mean, just getting a permit and inspections doesn't sound like it'll be a costly thing.

I get it, if there is food involved I get needing to file a permit. Especially if that food is made on the premise. I think if you have food delivered, that would be a different story, but making it in bar is when you really need to apply for a permit and go through the usual rigmarole.

Inspections are a part of any food establishment. If you cook or make food there, it's going to happen. Would it really cost them a lot to make the new changes? I mean, just getting a permit and inspections doesn't sound like it'll be a costly thing.
I believe inspections cost money to do, so I think that may be what they are referring to when it comes to how much it could cost them. But, if you run a bar and make food there, then I think it needs to follow the same rules a restaurant has to.

Having food delivered to your bar would probably be another story, but I think it'd be fine as long as you got the food from a location that is already highly rated. I don't think food delivered will cause any issues.

I understand the importance of ensuring public safety when serving food. The new health requirements may certainly pose challenges, but it would align with restaurant standards for TCS food permits. I think it will promotes consistency and accountability in food safety practices. However, I also believe that facility upgrades will come with a cost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back