Food truck permits for Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Korner6

Total posts
Milwaukee, Wisconsin has some new rules for food truck/mobile food vendors for 2023.

The mobile vendors need to get the permit in the area where they set up their base. The vehicle must meet all requirements, complete the application and pass inspection.

Homes are not allowed to be a part of this permit process.

Makes sense they would need permits to set up their own food truck/vendor. I imagine it depends on the area, and some areas in Milwaukee may differ.

Homes are not allowed to be a part of this permit process.
Why is that? I see in the article they mention it, but don't state the reason why it's not allowed on a private property or your own home. Could it be that it may require other permits for using your home property as a sort of station?

Makes sense they would need permits to set up their own food truck/vendor. I imagine it depends on the area, and some areas in Milwaukee may differ.

Why is that? I see in the article they mention it, but don't state the reason why it's not allowed on a private property or your own home. Could it be that it may require other permits for using your home property as a sort of station?

Homes are not included because in the US, we have residential areas that are not zoned for business purposes. This would be considered a restaurant and not simply a food truck, so there is a difference in how things are handled. The residents of the area would not be happy with the comings and goings of customers in their neighborhood.

Requiring vendors to obtain a permit in the area where they set up their base is a common regulatory approach, promoting local compliance and accountability. This ensures that vendors are familiar with and meet the specific regulations of the communities they operate in. Stringent regulations help maintain public health standards and build consumer trust in the food truck industry. The exclusion of homes from the permit process indicates a clear distinction between commercial and residential spaces.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back