Florida to maybe permit recreational use of cannabis

Jake

Total posts
A new ballot initiative being brought forward, could result in the legalization of recreations cannabis in Florida. Florida currently allows the sale and purchase of cannabis for medical purposes only. Under this new initiative, they want to legalize the use of cannabis for recreational use for those 21 and older.

The people behind the push for this initiative, is Trulieve, who happen to be one of the state's largest medical cannabis producers. The industry is valued around $2 billion right now, but could jump up to an estimated $6 billion if the initiative is approved. Truelieve will benefit greatly, but this will also help create new jobs. Other states that have legalized recreational use of cannabis, have found much success with new jobs, and their economy in general.

But, it's not as cut and dry as you'd think. There may be opposition to this new initiative. The Florida Supreme Court will need to review the ballot language before anything happens, and there is some push back to be expected from the GOP majority, which includes Governor Ron DeSantis.

Of course, new laws will need to be established if passed. Expect an economic boom for Florida, much like other stated that have legalized in recreationally, there's some money to be made here.

Check out the article about this news here - WPTV News

Most states that have legalized it for recreational use have made a lot of money for their respective state. For an example, since Michigan has legalized the use of cannabis for recreational use, it is projected to have made a total of $3 billion since. That's a lot of money that can then be used towards the roads, schooling, support and other needs.

So far there are 24 states in total that have recreational use legalized. It's really just a matter of time before all states figure it out and legalize it too.

Well, looks like Florida might be in for a big change if this cannabis initiative gets the green light. As far as I am concerned, I am not in favor of Cannabis for recreational use, however, I do favor cannabis for medical use. Florida is perhaps just looking for an economic boost as the industry has jumped to $6 billing from $2, but public health concerns should also be put on a pedestal. I really hope the Florida Supreme Court will come up with the best decision.

Florida is a HUGE recreation area with the beaches and spring break. I believe that part of the concern in such a bill is that there could be some repercussions following it with the college kids who come from out of town. Will there will be any new crimes committed due to the recreational usage of cannabis?

Legalizing recreational cannabis in Florida has the potential to boost the economy and create new jobs, benefiting companies like Trulieve. However, opposition and the need for new laws may pose challenges. Money talks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back