Appeal Filed Against Cannabis Permit Raises Safety Concerns

Nomad

Total posts
Cannabis cultivation approval given to Justina Dunne at 6B Ranch in Grass Valley has been challenged by the Court and Megan Worden, along with 50 others. One of the major reasons for the appeal is regarding safety and compliance. The appellants point out issues like no legal residence on the property, unapproved structures, and potential fire dangers from people living in an unauthorized barn. They even say that the project has not followed the rules for years, thus, posing risks to the environment and safety.

This appeal shows that many people believe that the current rules for cannabis need to change. People want to keep cannabis away from residential areas for safety reasons.

You check the detailed article here

The challenge seems politically motivated to me, but they sure paid a lot to file the appeal. Win or lose, the Worden family has sunk $1,803.61 on this thing. I'm shocked that the city essentially relies on neighbors to tattle about code complaints in order to ensure compliance. You'd think that someone official would have visited the area and done an inspection before issuing the permit in the first place. I'm amazed that it's considered to be an administrative process.

The challenge seems politically motivated to me, but they sure paid a lot to file the appeal. Win or lose, the Worden family has sunk $1,803.61 on this thing. I'm shocked that the city essentially relies on neighbors to tattle about code complaints in order to ensure compliance. You'd think that someone official would have visited the area and done an inspection before issuing the permit in the first place. I'm amazed that it's considered to be an administrative process.
It's always politically motivated when they go up against people growing cannabis. Someone should always be coming out to inspect when a permit is issued. If they didn't check the place out when they gave them the permit, then that is on them.

I think if any money changes hand to file a permit, then the permitting office and staff should be out there checking this persons property out to make sure it's all up to code. They clearly dropped the ball on this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.