Can someone get a USA work visa without sponsorship?

Toranaga

Total posts
Getting a USA work visa without an employee sponsorship is not always easy because of the conditions that must be met for it to be approved.

What would be the situations whereby someone can get a USA work visa without having an employee sponsorship?

Yes, but I believe it's incredibly rare to get approval. You'd need to apply for an EB-1A visa, also called the Extraordinary Ability visa. In order to secure such a visa, you must have an incredible ability in sports, science, business, or something that's similarly sought after.

I found a useful legal blog that has information about obtaining an EB-1A visa. It's shockingly difficult to achieve, it seems. A person would probably stand a better chance if an attorney is involved. O-1B visas are popular with celebrities, but I believe those must be sponsored.

In the United States, acquiring a work visa requires employer sponsorship, however, there are exceptions on certain cases. The EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa is one such exception. This visa is available to individuals with exceptional skills in fields like sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. If you are in one of these professions, you can self-petition and do not need an employer sponsor. Likewise, there are also options for self-employment or entrepreneurship visas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back