Vermont moose hunt application deadline is June 19

Jake

Total posts
If you're living in Vermont and are looking to do some hunting, you can take part in a moose hunt. All you need to do is apply for a permit. There will be some hoops you need to jump through first. There will be a total of 80 permits issued for either-sex moose hunting and 100 permits for antlerless moose hunting. So not everyone will be able to partake in said hunt this year. The permits will be provided by Vermont’s Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) E. They estimate a total of 94 moose to be harvested.

If you're in the area and would like to partake, you have until June 19th to submit your application. To enter the lottery for a chance to win a permit, it'll be $10 for residents and $25 for nonresidents. Those who are selected as winners will either have to buy a resident hunting permit for $100 or a nonresident hunting permit for $350.

To read more about the moose hunt, you can find the story here - Eagle Times

I have family who have hunted moose here in Michigan. They do a lottery system for moose hunting here as well, and it seems to work just fine. My cousin for example won a moose hunt lottery, but that year never pulled a moose. I'm not sure I would ever take up moose hunting myself though. I think moose are too cool of an animal to hunt, but to each their own I say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back