Important Updates for Florida Waterfowl Hunters

Nomad

Total posts
If you're getting ready for the waterfowl hunting season in Florida, there are some things you should know. The early wood duck and teal hunting season will be from September 16 to 20, and then from September 21 to 24. After that, the regular season will be in November and December. If you're planning to hunt, make sure you have the landowner's permission if you're on private property. Some public water areas might have their own rules.

You'll need a hunting license, a Florida waterfowl permit, a no-cost migratory bird permit, and a federal duck stamp to hunt. If you're hunting in a wildlife management area, you'll also need a management area permit. You can get these permits and find more information at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com.

For more details, check this article.

My uncle used to hunt waterfowl in Florida. He sadly passed away a few years back, but I remember him saying they take the permitting process very seriously. He tried to get me into it, but it wasn't for me.

Happy to see they still take it serious. :)

The waterfowl hunting season in Florida raises concerns about wildlife conservation and ethical hunting practices. While it's important to follow regulations and obtain necessary permits, it's equally vital to prioritize the long-term sustainability of waterfowl populations. Balancing recreational activities with environmental preservation should be at the forefront of discussions surrounding hunting seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back