Santa's reindeer


Active member
Dec 17, 2023
Total posts
Likes received
Did you know that every year, the USDA grants a transit permit to St. Nick so that his reindeer can enter the United States? It's all part of their Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. It's a pretty interesting story. Have you run across any nifty permits like that? I'd love to hear about them.
United States
That's actually really cool. I didn't know they submitted actual permits for towards something like that. I know with Santa's letters, they are directed to some location, so maybe that's how they do the permits too? Just an honorary permit they gain every year to make kids continue to believe. I think that's really cool.
Oh wow, I had no idea they did this. But it honestly doesn't surprise me. Doesn't some local news stations report where Santa currently is on Christmas? It kind of reminds me of this. Any way to keep the kids imaginations running wild. As a kid I would have gotten a kick out of this.

I am curious if there are other permits like this that don't necessarily have a use outside of moments like this.
That's cool about the reindeer. Similarly, my city issues special permits that allow for decorated trees along the highway during the holidays. It usually happens around Christmas and Easter.
Have you run across any nifty permits like that? I'd love to hear about them.
Only novelty permits. I had a friend who worked for a travel agency. My friend would issue travel permits to the Tooth Fairy, so she could collect her children's teeth and transport them to another realm. I thought it was a cute idea. I can't say that I've run across a funny permit that was official, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.