Pendot CDL Testing challenges

Korner6

Total posts
This past summer, Pennsylvania rolled out new modernized testing challenges in order to get a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) license.

Here's a quote from the article:
The biggest changes come from new backing and skill maneuvers, giving drivers more opportunities to fail the test.
I'm very glad they're more strict now on this type of testing, because there are a lot of truckers out there that block traffic for a long time as they have to back up, pull forward, redo, etc...just to get their truck into a parking lot or driveway for a business. It's annoying and I often wonder how they passed their test? Now, maybe they'll practice more?

Here's the article:

Honestly they should be more strict, especially when it comes to people who drive massive metal vehicles that can destroy with ease. If you're a truck driver driving a semi for example, those things can be extremely dangerous. I want the best people driving these massive machines.

When I am on the road, and it's packed, I always get a little nervous when I'm near a semi truck or any massive truck that could flatten my little car.

Honestly they should be more strict, especially when it comes to people who drive massive metal vehicles that can destroy with ease. If you're a truck driver driving a semi for example, those things can be extremely dangerous. I want the best people driving these massive machines.

When I am on the road, and it's packed, I always get a little nervous when I'm near a semi truck or any massive truck that could flatten my little car.

I'm a truck driver's daughter, and I get a little nervous at times too. I know how very little sleep some of them get so they can get their load on time to the destination. They almost all have a separate set of books as well for the log files, so we know they don't all abide by the laws. At least this one can be more enforced from the get go of having them learn the proper methods for driving. Then it's only a matter of having them remembering it when they're super sleepy.

I think it's about time that Pennsylvania implemented stricter CDL testing. It's frustrating to see truckers causing traffic congestion due to their poor maneuvering skills. Hopefully, these changes will ensure safer roads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back