Grabbing a permit..

Goodness

Total posts
Like how long does it take a permit application to be granted?
I know it may vary from state to state.....
But like how long can the application stay with the appropriate quarters before it is granted ?

It is important to remember that grabbing a permit would save you from potential legal issues and based on my perspective, permit is a form of regulation and it ensures that your activities are conducted safely and also in responsible way.

The application itself is good for 180 days; there isn't a timeline other than "reasonable" per the code. See references below:
1713895294411.png

1713895348079.png

1713895369427.png

Is that what you were asking? Btw, these were from the 2021 International Residential Code.

Like how long does it take a permit application to be granted?
I know it may vary from state to state.....
But like how long can the application stay with the appropriate quarters before it is granted ?
I think it depends on the permit itself. Some may be granted fast depending on the department, and some might take days, weeks, or months even. As well like you said, it could very from state to state, but also city to city. Some places are understaffed, and may not grant permits in a timely manner. What kind of permit are you looking to file?

As for your section question, that depends on the city/state. Some may get to your permit fast, while others may take longer. If there is a certain permit in your location you want to obtain, I would suggest reaching out to your nearest permitting office to see what the process is like in your area.

I think it depends on the permit itself. Some may be granted fast depending on the department, and some might take days, weeks, or months even. As well like you said, it could very from state to state, but also city to city. Some places are understaffed, and may not grant permits in a timely manner..
Absolutely! I'd also say that it depends on the time of year as well. Keep in mind that many employees take vacation during the summer and around the holidays, so applications might be delayed during those times. My advice is to apply for a permit as soon as you know you're going to need one. Then your project won't get stalled unnecessarily.

There are a lot of factors involved in determining the time frame for permit approval. Some of the major factors include, your jurisdictions., type of permits you want to get, the queue in the permit office, etc. It could take few days to few weeks. Complex projects might take a couple of months for approval.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back