Which States Allow the Permitless Carry of Guns?

Bizdustry.com

Total posts
In certain states in the United States, individuals are permitted to carry firearms without a permit, which is commonly referred to as permitless carry or constitutional carry. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. It's crucial to keep in mind that laws can change, so it's always recommended to stay informed about the current regulations and requirements of each state before making any decisions or assumptions regarding firearms.

You can read more here: https://www.statista.com/chart/amp/20047/gun-carry-laws-in-us-states/

Permitless carry laws have gained ground across various states in the U.S., reflecting a shift in gun regulations. However, these laws aren't static and can evolve over time. Staying informed about the specific regulations in each state is vital to ensure responsible and lawful firearm ownership and usage.

In Arizona, you can open carry and conceal carry. A 15-year-old can do either when in the presence of a qualified adult. (Non felon)

I have only seen a handful of adults in Arizona open carry though.

In Arizona, you can open carry and conceal carry. A 15-year-old can do either when in the presence of a qualified adult. (Non felon)

I live in California but grew up in Michigan and go back there quite a bit. My understanding is that Michigan is open carry on account of there being no law against it. Gun culture is definitely alive and well in the area of Michigan I go back to but despite that, like you said for Arizona, you don't really see people actually open carrying. I'm sure concealed carry is much more common in Michigan compared to where I live in California, though.

This is interesting to me. Back when I lived in Arizona from 2000 to 2010, conceal carry permits were required, but open carry without a permit was allowed. But I guess that has changed.

I think the idea behind permits for carrying is the idea that people need training to use guns safely and effectively, the same way someone needs training to operate a boat or a car. The average 15-year-old likely has no training and probably doesn't even know what recoil is or how a gun blast can damage your ears. If we're not going to require a permit for adults, that's fine, but we should at least require it for minors. Young hunters will probably go through the training, and that will distinguish them from young felons or wannabe school shooters.

Every state in the US has laws that permit the open carrying of firearms without a permit. These states may have different regulations and restrictions, so it's essential to check the latest laws and regulations for the most accurate information. Some states that were known to allow permitless carry of guns include:

1. Alaska
  2. Arizona
  3. Arkansas
  4. Idaho
  5. Kansas
  6. Kentucky
  7. Maine
  8. Mississippi
  9. Missouri
  10. New Hampshire
  11. North Dakota
  12. South Dakota
  13. Vermont
  14. West Virginia
Specific regulations, such as restrictions on the type of firearm, the age of the individual, or the location where the firearm is carried, may still apply even in these states.

I'm surprised to read that the states you've mentioned don't require any permits to carry guns.

In fact, this is the most essential permit that every state should make mandatory for every person.

If a state allows carrying guns or any other weapons openly and without any restrictions, then no one can feel safe. That's why we hear so many tragic stories in news almost every other day about the killings of innocent people, especially schoolchildren.

Most people in Arizona conceal carry now. Open carry used to be extremely common prior to the constitutional amendment occurring, but now it is easier to conceal carry. If you know what you are looking for, it is easy to spot the conceal carry here and it is far more prevalent than people realize.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.