Office Review Tacoma Planning and Development Services

Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Total posts
1690813727487.png

Starting Tacoma Planning and Development Services off with a 4/5 rating based on Google reviews (https://www.google.com/search?q=Tacoma+Permits+Department).

I love that design! In fact, it was inspiration for me when I was designing one of the pages for my jurisdiction; unfortunately, I had to go a different direction, but I still like it. :)

I love that design! In fact, it was inspiration for me when I was designing one of the pages for my jurisdiction; unfortunately, I had to go a different direction, but I still like it. :)

I like their site too. It really comes down to good strategic communication and having a good sense of audience, I think. The design of Tacoma's site seems pretty well thought out, especially with the simple step-by-step navigation menu they use on the lefthand side of the page.

My agency's processes are very complex and I think staff often fall into the trap of trying to overexplain. It's great to have an education component but the main thing applicants are coming to the website for is to figure out what kind of permit they need and what information they'll need to include in their submittal. "Keep it simple" and "less is more" are key design principles for engaging permit applicants via the agency website, I'd say. Good agencies prioritize customer service and one place that really shows is in the user-friendliness of the agency website.

I second your feelings on the design. It's simple and right to the point, it's easy to read and follow. The font is sized nicely to where most people can read without having to put on a pair of reading glasses. I also like that it's not a crowded mess like some other sites are. There's not a lot going on with this site, so it should be easy for most people to navigate and find exactly what they're looking for.

I wish more sites worked like this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.