Office Review Atlanta Office of Zoning & Development

Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Total posts
1690385152288.png

I used to live there, so I have some experience with this office. During the height of the pandemic, the office was closed to visitors, so definitely check that it's open before heading there. Folks will have a better experience if they go to the office during business hours, rather than merely calling them, if that option is available. I know it's a pain to make an in-person visit, especially since their office hours are so limited, but you'll get more information this way. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The only bad thing about this office is its limited hours, which also means that there's often a line, so be prepared to wait. The biggest plus is that most of the forms are located online, which simplifies the process.

Last edited:
I used to live there, so I have some experience with this office. During the height of the pandemic, the office was closed to visitors, so definitely check that it's open before heading there. Folks will have a better experience if they go to the office during business hours, rather than merely calling them, if that option is available. I know it's a pain to make an in-person visit, especially since their office hours are so limited, but you'll get more information this way. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The only bad thing about this office is its limited hours, which also means that there's often a line, so be prepared to wait. The biggest plus is that most of the forms are located online, which simplifies the process.

Hi @Farmaholic, and welcome to the forum. That's a really good tip about going in person as opposed to trying to call or email. It can seem like a small thing, and can definitely vary depending on the personalities you're working with, but meeting in person really can go a long way toward getting permitting staff focused on your project and kick-starting their review process. I agree with what you're saying in general, but appreciate the perspective on Atlanta's office in particular. Now that the pandemic's over, I think it's worth considering meeting in person as much as possible, especially when it comes to staff who are overloaded and not as easy to get through to via electronic means.

If you have a chance, please also feel free to leave a star rating (1-5 stars) for Atlanta's office by clicking the "leave rating" button at the top right of the page. Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back