Are Permits usually required to be a dog walker?

Jake

Total posts
My cousin is looking to start a dog walking business in Tampa Florida, she's great with dogs and has always wanted to be a dog walker recently because of it. She originally wanted to be a vet, but she decided not to go that direction due to it being too much for her.

Is a permit required in order to become a dog walker in Tampa Florida? I have a feeling it will require some form of permit and maybe even a licensee to be in charge/walk a certain amount of dogs.

My cousin is looking to start a dog walking business in Tampa Florida, she's great with dogs and has always wanted to be a dog walker recently because of it. She originally wanted to be a vet, but she decided not to go that direction due to it being too much for her.

Is a permit required in order to become a dog walker in Tampa Florida? I have a feeling it will require some form of permit and maybe even a licensee to be in charge/walk a certain amount of dogs.
I looked it up and there are some rules you have to adhere to, but it sounds like she will not need to obtain a permit, but will need a business license, and insurance (especially liability insurance). Not only that, but you need to follow local regulations in said area, which will differ depending on the location.

But hey, this is a cool adventure for your cousin to be partaking in. I'm excited for her. :)

If she doesn't want to go through the process of setting up a business and applying for the proper permits, she should consider listing her services on Rover. It would be an easy way to test out whether she'd enjoy the work before making such a huge financial investment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back