Signatures and Username Badges

Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 16, 2023
There are two Permitting Talk features that are super helpful for communicating your professional credentials to others: signatures and username badges. You can edit your signature by clicking your username in the top right and then clicking "Signature" (circled blue below). To request a username badge (e.g., see mine after my username), click "Badge requests" (circled red below).

1) Signatures
1714064162582.png

Details added to your signature about yourself, agency/department, or company (like your email address, website, etc.) are displayed as a footer in all of your past and future posts. For permitting professionals in the private sector, this can be especially useful for promoting your business to other members or to visitors who come across your posts using search engines like Google, Bing, etc.

2) Username Badges

Do you have an organizational logo or professional certification badge that succinctly communicates your qualifications? Displaying this kind of credential next to your username can have real merit, especially on a forum like ours where members are regularly dispensing information and advice to others. We want people wondering "so who is this person telling me this??" as little as possible. Badges representing your organization or professional certifications enable you to quickly communicate what specific authority you have weigh in on a particular permitting issue. To request a badge, first click "Badge requests" (circled red) and then click the "Create request" button at the top right of the screen you're taken to.

What a good idea, as it will allow the pros to stand out, while also highlighting their industry knowledge and capabilities. You've put together a great community here, Eric.

Back