San Diego Introduces Easy Online Tool for Quick Permit Access

Nomad

Total posts
In San Diego, there's a new online tool called Permit Finder that is expected to make things easier for people who need permits. Whether you're a resident or a business owner, this tool is designed to help you through the permit process.

Permit Finder is like a special map on the internet that lets you check out more than a million permits from the last 20 years. Now, instead of spending a lot of time searching for old records, the tool does it for you. This new service is supposed to be really good and easy to use. It cuts down the time it takes to find information about permits, making the whole process faster and simpler. San Diego is working hard to speed up how permits are dealt with. They've got other things happening too, like a new online system for permits on new projects, online inspections, and turning more than 8 million records into digital files.

If you want all the details about how this tool you can find the full article here.

At first I thought it was a new site to help you get new permits for any project you need. But I get it now, it's more of a service that lets you look back on past permits. Still a useful tool as it will help make the permitting process for new projects faster. But now you got me wanting a new system where you can get any permit you need to obtain right online. But I imagine that would cause some issues if there's no way to verify the permit online.

Way to go, San Diego! I wish that more city officials would understand that they'd get more compliance, and would see an increase in revenue, if they'd simplify the permitting process. San Diego has the right idea. Now they just need to make a tool that allows citizens to apply for permits moving forward.

But now you got me wanting a new system where you can get any permit you need to obtain right online.

Now they just need to make a tool that allows citizens to apply for permits moving forward.
They already have one in San Diego already. Citizens can straight-up apply for building permits online.

Behold: https://aca-prod.accela.com/SANDIEGO/Default.aspx

San Diego's introduction of an easy online tool will enable a quick permit process and it is a very good step in the right direction. It occurred to me that such tools would go a long way to simplify the permit application processes therefore making it more efficient.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back