Oh hai!

Shortie

Total posts
Hi there, I am Shortie. I am a mother of 4 from England, UK. I enjoy posting on forums, sharing my opinions and hearing other people's opinions and I also enjoy meeting new people on forums as well.

As well as posting on forums, I also like to listen to music and play video games as well as spend time with my family :)

Looking forward to being an active member here :)

Hi Shortie, and welcome! It's great to have you on board and I look forward to chatting with you. It's amazing that you have four kids - that's quite a handful! I have two little ones myself and often feel like I've exceeded my own limits, so can hardly imagine four :).

Regarding this forum, it is obviously all about permitting questions, permit office reviews, and related resources. My hope is to drum up some discourse about peoples' real-world experiences with permitting authorities and in the process increase government transparency, shared knowledge, and accountability...that's my lofty mission statement anyways! I'm a government regulator and also a forum enthusiast, and I feel like there's really some unrealized potential to make a difference through more online discourse and knowledge sharing.

Not sure how helpful this is but I do have an "England" section at the bottom of my "permit offices" homepage, as you may have noticed. If you happen to have experience dealing with any UK permit offices then please don't hesitate to share. I think most people need approvals from the government from time to time but it's often uneventful and there's really not much to write home about. But it's often true that "no news is good news" as far as government operations go and even relating positive/neutral experiences can provide a worthwhile data point.

But the bottom line is that I really appreciate your presence here and look forward to hearing your thoughts about permitting or otherwise. If you have any questions or candid feedback about the forum, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Hi Shortie, and welcome! It's great to have you on board and I look forward to chatting with you. It's amazing that you have four kids - that's quite a handful! I have two little ones myself and often feel like I've exceeded my own limits, so can hardly imagine four :).

Regarding this forum, it is obviously all about permitting questions, permit office reviews, and related resources. My hope is to drum up some discourse about peoples' real-world experiences with permitting authorities and in the process increase government transparency, shared knowledge, and accountability...that's my lofty mission statement anyways! I'm a government regulator and also a forum enthusiast, and I feel like there's really some unrealized potential to make a difference through more online discourse and knowledge sharing.

Not sure how helpful this is but I do have an "England" section at the bottom of my "permit offices" homepage, as you may have noticed. If you happen to have experience dealing with any UK permit offices then please don't hesitate to share. I think most people need approvals from the government from time to time but it's often uneventful and there's really not much to write home about. But it's often true that "no news is good news" as far as government operations go and even relating positive/neutral experiences can provide a worthwhile data point.

But the bottom line is that I really appreciate your presence here and look forward to hearing your thoughts about permitting or otherwise. If you have any questions or candid feedback about the forum, please don't hesitate to let me know!
Thank you so much for the welcome :) it's great to be here and I can't wait to get stuck in and share as much as I can!

I get asked that a lot when I mention how many kids I have :) it was quite a handful but two of them are now 19 and nearly 17 and the other two are 15 nearly 16 and 14 so as much as they can keep me busy, it's a lot easier now than when they were younger :)

Hi,
I am Kelli from St. Francis MN. I just started as a permit tech/admin assist a couple months ago. This is not my background, so I am learning many new things. I am happy I found this group.

Hi Kelli - great to have you here! I understand what it's like to be brand new to permitting. It can be a lot to learn, both technically and legally, depending on what field you're working in. This is a pretty inclusive group so don't hesitate to chime in with whatever thoughts, questions, etc. you may have. You can add a new post by clicking the "post new topic" button on the main forum page or by replying to any of the threads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back