New York State Liquor Authority Takes Action to Speed Up License Approvals

Nomad

Total posts
To tackle the backlog in processing liquor licenses and permits, the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) has formed a special committee. By utilizing innovative technology and a bulk processing strategy, the committee aims to expedite the handling of license requests, thus, providing relief to applicants and businesses.

The processing time has stretched to 12 months, from 3 months. Since the processing time for liquor licenses is really long, it has created financial challenges for applicants. Do to this protracted processing period, it has put burden on those opening liquor stores, they are paying rent for vacant spaces without certainty of license approval.

You can read more about this here

It should never take 12 months to receive a permit, even if it's something serious like a liquor license and permit. As serious as rules and regulations are. 3 months sounds more reasonable, but to wait 12 months is outrageous and I can totally understand the frustrations of people attempting to move this along.

I hope this helps lessen the strain, but I don't know how much faster they will get this done.

It should never take 12 months to receive a permit, even if it's something serious like a liquor license and permit. As serious as rules and regulations are. 3 months sounds more reasonable, but to wait 12 months is outrageous and I can totally understand the frustrations of people attempting to move this along.

I hope this helps lessen the strain, but I don't know how much faster they will get this done.
Yeah 12 months is rough, but I understand. When there's a backlog of permits, it's going to take a while. But it looks like this new system is going to work and help speed up the whole process. Hopefully that 12 month wait time isn't that long after they sped things up a bit.

I don't think they should have to wait 12 months to receive any permit. That is way too long to wait.
A 3 month wait sounded perfect but since they couldn't get the permits done within 3 months, they should have only increased it by 1-2 months, not 12 months.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back