iPermit Integrats with ServiceTitan to Make Permitting Process Easy in California

Nomad

Total posts
There is some interesting news for contractors and homeowners in California. California's leading permit expeditor, iPermit has integrated with ServiceTitan. So, what does this actually mean? Well, integration has merged iPermit's permitting platform with ServiceTitan thus allowing contractors and homeowners to avoid confusing paperwork and start using software to handle all permitting tasks.

Say goodbye to all headaches. Now, permitting services will be available at the click of a button, and documentation can be accessed 24/7.

You can find more information here

This is a game-changer for contractors and homeowners in California! Finally, no more dealing with the headaches of confusing paperwork and endless permit hassles. With this merger, you can now easily manage all your permitting tasks with just a few clicks. It's like a breath of fresh air, knowing that permitting services are available at your fingertips, 24/7. Kudos to iPermit and ServiceTitan for simplifying our lives!

Looks like that there is now the modern building permit equivalent of TurboTax. It’s interesting that the article mentions contractors as the people responsible for getting the permits, and it talks about them getting them on behalf of existing homeowners. Perhaps the article writer is thinking about contractors who do remodeling on behalf of existing homeowners, which is a common thing in Southern California where the buildings are old and need their plumbing replaced, among other changes that need to be done.

That was not my father’s experience building our family home here in Southern California. He had to fight the local city to get the building permit for our house and it took six long months. But that was over ten years ago in 2012. I’m glad to see that building permit processes have improved since then, and hope that system includes local governments and makes the process easier for everyone.

It’s also something to look into when I build my own house, which I hope will be soon.

It’s interesting that the article mentions contractors as the people responsible for getting the permits, and it talks about them getting them on behalf of existing homeowners. Perhaps the article writer is thinking about contractors who do remodeling on behalf of existing homeowners, which is a common thing in Southern California where the buildings are old and need their plumbing replaced, among other changes that need to be done.

Usually if you do a remodel or are conducting any other major work requiring a permit, the contractor you hire will include permitting as a line item in the quote they prepare. I think you're generally at liberty to handle permitting yourself if you want, but for housing construction, or any other regulated activity where permitting involves a lot of technical information, the expectation is that a contractor/consultant will handle it for you.

Separately there are "permit expeditors" out there (e.g., @Aliannys permitting, @Bellapermits, @kelli, or @Builder Assist LLC) who serve as consultants for only the permitting component. So I think the expeditor companies might serve as subs to the contractor hired by the homeowner or company, if they aren't hired by the homeowner or company directly. In this article (really kind of an "article ad"), two national expeditors have apparently integrated with the ServiceTitan software platform, which appears to be a tool to help expeditors' internal permitting project management. At first glance I thought the software had some function integrating with local building departments (e.g., for application submittals and tracking milestones), but that appears to not be the case.

There is some interesting news for contractors and homeowners in California. California's leading permit expeditor, iPermit has integrated with ServiceTitan. So, what does this actually mean? Well, integration has merged iPermit's permitting platform with ServiceTitan thus allowing contractors and homeowners to avoid confusing paperwork and start using software to handle all permitting tasks.

Say goodbye to all headaches. Now, permitting services will be available at the click of a button, and documentation can be accessed 24/7.

You can find more information here
Personally, if it's all up to me, everything about permitting process will be carried out and completed online. We can't be in this modern day and time of technology advancement but contractors and home owners will be forced to go through stress of processing permit manually. It doesn't make any sense to me. With iPermit having integrated with ServiceTitan is a good development to make life easier for those in California for all their permitting process needs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back