Inspector Parker here to help if I can.

Total posts
I'm with LADBS working as a residential inspector. I'm with the Code Enforcement division at the moment and am available to help with some questions people may have on codes or permitting and processes. If I don't know the answer I'll do my best to find out. As an employee I can share public information only. I may be delayed in responses since I work a very busy schedule, but will do my best to address everyone.

Hi Inspector Parker - thanks for joining Permitting Talk! When it comes to answering permitting questions on a forum like ours, there's really no substitute to having experienced permitting staff like yourself make themselves available to the community. FYI, I myself am based out of San Diego and process Clean Water Act permits for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Los Angeles District.

You mentioned you're a residential building inspector. Did you want me to go ahead and add the ICC Residential Building Inspector username badge for you (i.e., https://badges.iccsafe.org/public/badges/uKKbbJZIQEqwDkaIMbtTTA)? We've been adding ICC digital badges, among other organizational/professional certification badges, next to usernames of members who hold those credentials as a way of highlighting different members' qualifications.

Good morning Eric,

Sure you can add the badge if you'd like. Helps identify that I may know what I'm talking about. ;-) Thank you for the "Welcome" to the site and I hope to contribute.

Badge added :). Look forward to chatting with you on the forum.

I'm with LADBS working as a residential inspector. I'm with the Code Enforcement division at the moment and am available to help with some questions people may have on codes or permitting and processes. If I don't know the answer I'll do my best to find out.
Fantastic! That's incredibly generous of you, Inspector Parker. May I ask what's the main thing that trips homeowners up during their home inspection? Also, which building code is most often overlooked during the application process, thus leading to a denial?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back