Hello from the Sunshine State!!

hmurphy

Total posts
Hi everyone,
My name is Haley and I have been working in permitting for nearly two years now. I work in Central Florida for a local building department. I do all types of permits, both residential and commercial. I learn something new daily, as this job is always evolving!

Welcome Haley! Great to have another Floridian join the forum. I know Florida Building Code is pretty unique in terms of all the wind-resistant construction requirements, so we definitely value your expertise. All the better that you're building department staff too, which is a big asset for a community like ours :).

I myself handle federal permitting for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in California. We have another member who joined recently (@Permit Mitch of The Permit Group) who has lots of experience with building permitting/permit expediting in central Florida (Brevard County, Dade County, Tampa Bay, Orlando, and Fort Myers according to his intro) - so same area as you it sounds like. Don't hesitate to reach out to anyone on here who you think could be helpful!

Hey Haley, welcome to the forum! I don't work in the field myself, but I am always interested in learning about it.

It's great seeing all these people from the field of permitting join up to our forums. I think having all this expertise here and around the site is going to help make this forum the go to place for permitting discussions going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back