Going to Europe next year?

aquafire

Total posts
If you're from the US, and you're planning to visit a European country in 2025, then you should learn more about the European Travel Information and Authorization System. It's a special travel document that covers most of Europe and is set to take effect in May of next year. Traveling can be expensive enough as it is, so Americans will be happy to learn that the document is less than $10, and it's good for three years. It can be used for visits of 90 consecutive days or less. You can read more about it here. You'll need the document in addition to your passport.

Yeah, I've heard a bit about this new requirement on the news, and it appears that our reaction to the recent pandemic seems to have played a big part in this. Some states took the pandemic seriously, while others did not. I don't blame the countries who are trying to keep their citizens safe, should something like that happen again. I'm not sure if this is the way to go about it, though.

What a hassle! I know it's not expensive, but no one needs another document to keep up with. I think a passport should be enough. I wonder if this new requirement will deter tourism?

What a hassle! I know it's not expensive, but no one needs another document to keep up with. I think a passport should be enough. I wonder if this new requirement will deter tourism?
They could make it easier and add it as a part of your passport process. That's what a passport should be used for anyway I think. I doubt it would deter tourism, I think those who are serious about traveling, will just go through the process. It may be a tedious step, but I don't think it's be too much trouble. And to be fair, it's something you can do one and not have to worry about for 3 years. If it was a yearly thing, I think it's be annoying, but giving us a 3 year window seems fine to me.

I don't see a problem with this, and for only $10 every three years, I see it just as an annoying thing I have to take on every three years if I travel a lot. I don't travel a lot. But it gives you 90 consecutive days to use each year I think it said. So not bad for a three year period.

But I get why it is an annoying addition on top of whatever else you have to do to complete the process to travel.

The European Travel Information and Authorization System is an electronic system established by the European Union to strengthen border security and improve travel authorization for visitors. This applies not just for the Americans but for all visa-exempt countries. You are required to apply online before your trip.

If European countries tighten their security policies, then we cannot blame them for taking action. If your ETIAS authorization is approved, it will be valid for three years from the date of approval. If you are interested in applying for authorization, check their website. Sign up for an account, fill out the necessary information, pay the fee, submit your application, and wait for your application to be approved. The authorization will be sent to you either by e-mail or via the website. Apply as early as possible so that you can be approved before your trip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back