Alabama Considers Safer Limits for Ready-to-Drink Spirits

Nomad

Total posts
The Alabama Mixed Spirit Beverage Task Force has raised concerns about allowing retail stores to sell ready-to-drink (RTD) spirits with up to 12.5% alcohol content. They believe that it is causing a lot of risks, especially for younger consumers. The Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board suggests a 7% maximum as a safer limit for these beverages in retail, which also aligns with current standards. They also propose single-serve packaging to distinguish high-alcohol content drinks to avoid confusion for consumers. They are emphasizing responsible sales to prevent underage purchases of high alcohol content drinks. The task force aims to finalize recommendations before the legislative session
You can read more here

I really doubt it will change anything. If someone wants to drink these spirits, they will find a way to purchase them. If anything they may purchase more if there is a limit to the amount of the drink can be. I understand what they're trying to do, and I accept it. Spirits tend to be high in alcohol, so it makes sense they would attempt to limit it some.

Honestly, It's promising to see the Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and the Mixed Spirit Beverage Task Force addressing this kid of concerns. I think it's long overdue because setting a safer limit of 7% is needed because I believe that it aligns with the current standards and it will also help to mitigate potential risks as well , especially for the younger consumers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back