What are L Visas?

Honey

Total posts
L work visas are required for jobs that involve working at a branch or affiliate of an employer. These types of jobs are usually in a managerial role or some similar position that requires specialized knowledge.

L visa is required for job roles with advanced skills and responsibilities, such as general manager, branch manager, country coordinator, or executive positions.

Your family may travel with you to the United States if you have a valid L-1 visa. Before that, it's mandatory to apply for an L-2 visa for dependents to legally accompany you to the US.

Last edited:
An L Visa is a sort of permit for non-immigrant or foreign workers who are temporarily stations in the US for a job. It's not a way to become a US citizen, it's like a temporary work visa for special interest workers to come over temporarily to handle a job.

I met a man who did exactly this, he lived in Italy, but came to the US on a L Visa to take on a temp job that most people couldn't handle in the company. I wonder how many people are on these work visas.

Aren't those visas pretty difficult to get? I've seen the paperwork and it looks fairly intense. I wonder which careers are the most likely to be accepted. I imagine that those in the tech field or scientific field stand the best chance of having their application granted, but I've never seen any statistics on that.

L visas in the US are non-immigrant visas designed for intracompany transferees. These visa provision allow multinational companies to transfer employees from a foreign office to a US branch, subsidiary, affiliate, or a parent company. L-1A visas are for executives or managers, while L-1B visas are for employees with specialized knowledge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back