Special Use Permits

Ravenfreak

Total posts
Something I just found about the state of Missouri is in some cases you'll need a special use permit if you're wanting to participate in certain activities in conservation areas.
For example, those who need to use a mobility device may need to get a special use permit in order to use their mobility device such as a scooter in some areas where these vehicles may not be permitted. You will also need to have a special use permit if you have at least 10 people in a cycling group, camping, horseback riding, or using shooting ranges. You'll also need to have a special use permit if you're having a wedding, using a drone, or geocaching. I never actually knew that you needed a permit to use a drone in conservation areas and I'm glad I know now so I don't get in trouble if I wish to use a drone at my favorite conservation area, which is Busch Wildlife. :)

The Importance of these special permits is for the government agencies that it's their job to oversee everything that goes on in such areas to be aware of whatever that's going on there and all the variables involved should there be a need to take a necessary action if there's an incident. Public areas needs to be well monitored, for instance a beach. The agency that oversees the beach need to know how many people in the beach in case there's an incident that warrants for an immediate evacuation. They will know the numbers they are dealing with and etc.

Something I just found about the state of Missouri is in some cases you'll need a special use permit if you're wanting to participate in certain activities in conservation areas.
For example, those who need to use a mobility device may need to get a special use permit in order to use their mobility device such as a scooter in some areas where these vehicles may not be permitted. You will also need to have a special use permit if you have at least 10 people in a cycling group, camping, horseback riding, or using shooting ranges. You'll also need to have a special use permit if you're having a wedding, using a drone, or geocaching. I never actually knew that you needed a permit to use a drone in conservation areas and I'm glad I know now so I don't get in trouble if I wish to use a drone at my favorite conservation area, which is Busch Wildlife. :)

It is always important to check for the local permit office for the different perimits that is needed for what you want to do in a particular area. This is why I will not agree with anyone that wants to carry out am activity in an area without getting the right permits. The city of Missouri is doing a great job in having different permits that will make a couple of activities documented should anything occur.

Thanks for looking into this, @Ravenfreak. For anyone interested, more information on Missouri special use permits for conservation areas, as well as an online system for submitting special use permit applications, can be found at this link.

Missouri's special use permit requirements for various activities in conservation areas may seem cumbersome but likely serve to protect both nature and visitors. While it might entail some added steps and planning, it ensures the responsible and sustainable use of these areas, balancing recreation and preservation.

Missouri's special use permit requirements for various activities in conservation areas may seem cumbersome but likely serve to protect both nature and visitors. While it might entail some added steps and planning, it ensures the responsible and sustainable use of these areas, balancing recreation and preservation.

Personally, I wouldn't see it as being cumbersome because of the importance it carries. In a situation where an accident that's fatal occur, there's going to be a lot of investigations asking questions on whether all the necessary safety measures were taken? By that time, someone might be dead or gravely injured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back