South Carolina Constitutional Carry no resolution

Korner6

Total posts
Earlier this year, South Carolina House and Senate Committe both voted on the Constitutional Carry for handguns that would allow owners to carry openly or concealed without a permit. It hasn't been passed into law yet, and the legislature will return in 2024 to continue discussion on the Senate Floor. If passed, South Carolina will be come the 28th state in the US to allow Constitutional Carry.

Do you think that the recent wars going on in the world are making people realize we might have a need for some type of protection?

I still think a permit should be required, considering you are handling a deadly weapon. I am for people being allowed to conceal carry, but I think a permit should be issued still. But that's me. I understand wanting to get a gun for protection, but I think having a permit saves some lives too.

I still think a permit should be required, considering you are handling a deadly weapon. I am for people being allowed to conceal carry, but I think a permit should be issued still. But that's me. I understand wanting to get a gun for protection, but I think having a permit saves some lives too.
I agree. It's one thing to require the usual background checks and all that, but I still feel like a permit added to the mix would make it safer.

I'm doubting this will get passed into law. I don't think it'll hurt anyone to be required to have a permit. If anything make it easier or don't make them wait too long for a permit, but still require one at least.

Do you think that the recent wars going on in the world are making people realize we might have a need for some type of protection?
As of yet, these fears are still unfounded. There isn't any real wars going on in the Americas right now, so the idea of relaxed gun laws as a protection from foreign invasion is still in the realm of paranoia.

I think people are more concerned with President Biden's relaxed border enforcement and more concerned with illegal immigrant crime against U.S. Citizens. They are arming up to protect themselves because they believe that the Border Patrol and local law enforcement will not help them in the face of a criminal illegal immigrant.
I agree with this. The U.S. requires permits to operate cars and boats, so requiring a permit for a gun is consistant with other aspects of U.S. law.

Yes, the ongoing conflicts globally are heightening awareness about the importance of personal protection. Constitutional Carry laws can empower individuals to defend themselves in uncertain times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back