NYC DOT Permits

Total posts
Ever wonder how people close roadways and build massive buildings in NYC? Any construction activity beyond the property line requires NYC DOT permits. My firm Permits In No Time Inc. has worked on thousands of jobs in NYC that include:
  • New Buildings
  • Major Alterations
  • Builders Pavement Plans
  • Vault repairs
  • Revocable Consent Agreements
  • Outdoor Restaurants
  • Traffic Timing Changes
  • Street Light Relocations
  • And many more.....

Feel free to pick my brain! I also run a construction blog, you can check on my website for topics that interest you.

Hey Jeffery, welcome to Permitting Talk! It's cool to see more people who work with permits join up. If I ever have permitting questions pertaining to anything you mentioned, I'll for sure reach out.

It's nice to meet you! Enjoy your stay here.

Hey Jeffery, welcome to Permitting Talk! It's cool to see more people who work with permits join up. If I ever have permitting questions pertaining to anything you mentioned, I'll for sure reach out.

It's nice to meet you! Enjoy your stay here.
Thank you for having me Winny. This platform seems interesting, so I'll be happy to answer any permit questions that arise from building in NYC.

Permitting in NYC sounds interesting! I know some of those projects can get really sticky in terms of the all the state/NYC agencies you have to deal with. Did you hear about that building collapse in the Bronx last month? It's unbelievable no one was hurt by that. I hope you're better than the engineer who misdiagnosed the load-bearing column in that one.

I personally live/work in San Diego and process regulatory permits for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Clean Water Act Section 404 and Rivers and Harbors Act Section 10). Appreciate you offering to serve as a resource - that's what this forum is for! Likewise, if you ever need help troubleshooting any Army Corps permitting issues, don't hesitate to reach out.

Also, you mentioned your website above, but I didn't see a link. Did you care to share that with folks?

Permitting in NYC sounds interesting! I know some of those projects can get really sticky in terms of the all the state/NYC agencies you have to deal with. Did you hear about that building collapse in the Bronx last month? It's unbelievable no one was hurt by that. I hope you're better than the engineer who misdiagnosed the load-bearing column in that one.

I personally live/work in San Diego and process regulatory permits for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Clean Water Act Section 404 and Rivers and Harbors Act Section 10). Appreciate you offering to serve as a resource - that's what this forum is for! Likewise, if you ever need help troubleshooting any Army Corps permitting issues, don't hesitate to reach out.

Also, you mentioned your website above, but I didn't see a link. Did you care to share that with folks?
Good evening Eric, yes that engineer should definitely not be allowed to perform inspections anymore. Yes, my website is https://permitsinnotime.com/nyc-dot-blog , I just didn't want to blatantly self-promote on my first thread. The blog has been crucial to raise awareness to my customer base. I've helped a lot of people over 19 years, so I felt it was important to participate when I first saw Permitting Talk pop up on my phone.

Self-promotion is perfectly acceptable here ;), but I know what you mean. On LinkedIn, I often see private sector colleagues posting various bits of professional advice/experiences, in part because they love being engaged and helping out but also as a way of maintaining their relationship/reputation with clients and others in the business. This isn't LinkedIn, but the same goes here. There's that saying, "you have to make deposits before you can make withdrawals." Aside from being fun and self-satisfying for a lot of us, I think that being active and engaged in professional communities generally only leads to good things, business- and reputation-wise.

Thanks also for sharing the link to your blog! It looks like you cover some important NYC legal/permitting updates, along with other fundamentals. Adding it to my bookmarks now :). It's great you keep it as updated as you do too. Sometimes I'll go to a company's website, and they'll have a blog, but the latest post is from 2016 or something. You can kind of tell who's really "on it" and cares about their business based on details like that.

I have very long-term plans for my blog, so you can expect to see fresh articles for years to come. I also just got featured on another blog from LinkedIn, which you can view here. It's definitely a labor of love!

I have very long-term plans for my blog, so you can expect to see fresh articles for years to come. I also just got featured on another blog from LinkedIn, which you can view here. It's definitely a labor of love!

That's great! It definitely makes sense that more content = more visibility and more to SEO opportunities. Why limit your online presence when you can have a whole show going on and even serve as a resource for people? My dad, who's 77, has a stump grinding business in Michigan and is constantly updating his website and throwing up YouTube videos of himself out doing tree work. He gets lots of calls and loves showing me how he always comes up on top in the Google search results. It's awesome you're having fun with the blog and generating new leads in the process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.