New Hampshire Marijuana Legalization Plan Stalls Amid Commission Disagreement

Nomad

Total posts
Efforts to create a framework for legalizing marijuana in New Hampshire hit a roadblock as the state commission tasked with the plan failed to reach a consensus. Lawmakers were hopeful that the commission's proposal would serve as a blueprint for legislation. However, the committee rejected it by a 7-2.

The proposed model suggested state-controlled franchises, overseen by the New Hampshire Liquor Commission, for recreational cannabis sales. It included a 15 percent fee on gross sales to fund tax relief, law enforcement, and mental health initiatives.

While the commission's report may still serve as a model, the prospect of New Hampshire swiftly joining other New England states in legalizing recreational marijuana appears uncertain, with revisions and debates expected in the legislative process

You can read the details here

The New Hampshire Liquor Commission would be running these cannabis shops? According to the article, they wanted a ruling where they would franchise these cannabis shops. Where does that leave other people in the cannabis business? Are they not allowed to establish their own dispensaries?

I don't think I like the government having the option to run their own cannabis shops. That kind of scares me to be honest. I want anyone who is legally able to, to be able to run their own cannabis shops if they can afford to.

Hope they figure out the rules, I don't think I'd accept them as is currently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back