Office Review Boston Inspectional Services Department

Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Total posts
1689837970644.png

I've heard good and bad about the ISD, though it seems as if there is more bad than good. They have their positive interactions, but it's far less than the bad reviews they have received. Most reviews I have looked at, point to problems with; communication, professionalism and efficiency. Due to this, is has created more problems for the people and businesses trying to obtain these permits, along with support or assistance from the department. There is much frustration from those dealing with the ISD.

A lot of the reviews focus on several key issues, those are:
  • Poor Communication: Difficulty in reaching staff, calls going unanswered, voice messages not being returned.
  • Misinformation and Inefficiency: Some reviews, like with Chantal Marie & UNITE CONTRACTORS, resulted in issues dealing with; Receiving incorrect Information, dealing with rudeness & unprofessional behavior.
  • Lack of Professionalism: As well, another reviewer (Lydia Zuehsow) said an inspector made someone cry due to how rude they were being.
  • Systemic Issues: Another reviewer, Vidhu Nambiar and I Y had expresser their frustration with the system in general. They brought up how difficult it was to navigate and not very user-friendly at all. It was common to see complaints about the necessity of navigating bureaucracy and experiencing inefficiency.

Specific Examples:​

• Luciano Manganella: Discovered that there were building permits opened in 2015 that were never closed, indicating issues with the ISD's follow-through and record-keeping.
  • Kristi Cozza: Suggested new business owners to be prepared for extensive delays and to document everything, including interactions. It was suggested there to be a lack of consistency and clarity in the ISD's guidance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.