GPT Washington State Building Codes

Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 16, 2023
This GPT incorporates the following currently adopted building codes for the State of Washington:
CA_gpt_featured.jpeg

• 2021 Washington State Fuel Gas Code
  • 2021 Washington State Existing Building Code
  • 2021 Washington State Building Code
  • 2021 Washington State Mechanical Code
  • 2021 Washington State Wildland-Urban Interface Code
  • 2021 Washington State Residential Code
  • 2021 Washington State Energy Code - Residential Provisions
  • 2021 Washington State Fire Code
Building code information used by the GPT was accessed on ICC's website at: https://codes.iccsafe.org/codes/washington.

I really like this feature!! I tried to trip it up with some questions, but it's answered all of the ones I asked so far. I really like how it references where it comes from when it answers.

I really like this feature!! I tried to trip it up with some questions, but it's answered all of the ones I asked so far. I really like how it references where it comes from when it answers.

Thanks for testing it out! I've been tinkering with GPTs lately and thought this might be a neat addition to the forum. I'm going to add GPTs for a handful of states (and probably for federal/Corps too) and see whether there's any kind of audience out there for this type of tool.

Also, like I mentioned in my PM, feel free to pass along additional building codes for Washington State (e.g., for Sequim), if you like, and I'll be happy to incorporate into the Washington State GPT's knowledge base (you can attach in replies to this thread or PM them to me). No pressure at all, of course - only if you're at liberty to share documents like that and think it'd actually be useful. Again, just something I'm exploring right now...