New Program Boosts Government Transparency in North Dakota

Nomad

Total posts
The Documenters Network has partnered with Buffalo’s Fire and the Indigenous Media Freedom Alliance to launch a program in North Dakota. The program aims to enhance local government transparency. They are paying community members to attend the program and summarize local government meetings, thus, boosting public oversight and participation. The participants of the program can earn $17 to $24 per hour after the training completes. The program is initially focused on Bismarck and Mandan, however, there are plans to expand the program to state-level meetings. They are aiming to become inclusive and serve as a model for other rural and Indigenous communities.

You can read more about this news here

Now that's what I call win-win. I'm sure the participants will enjoy getting paid, while having a chance to sharpen their writing skills and learning more about their local government. Plus, it creates a good-will vibe within the community between its citizens and officials.

Now that's what I call win-win. I'm sure the participants will enjoy getting paid, while having a chance to sharpen their writing skills and learning more about their local government. Plus, it creates a good-will vibe within the community between its citizens and officials.
This program basically encourages the resident to participate in the governance. This will make common people learn how their governments are doing. Program aims to empower people by allowing them to participate in local government meetings. Offering incentive sis just a way to encourage people to become more proactive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back